WANT YOUR SHARE OF $9,000?
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT PROGRAM (WOTC)
If you hire an individual from a WOTC Target Group, your company
could be eligible for up to $9,000 in tax credits.
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program is designed to
assist individuals facing barriers move into gainful employment. The
credit is available to private, for profit employers and the number
of new hires who can quality the employer is unlimited. This
program encourages employers in the private sector to hire job
seekers from one of the following targeted groups.
- Qualified recipients of Aid to Families with Dependent Children
(AFDC) or Temporary
Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Qualified Veterans
- Qualified Disabled Veterans
- Qualified Unemployed Veterans (new hires who began work on/after January 1, 2009, but prior to December 31, 2010)
- Qualified Disconnected Youth (new hires who began work on/after January 1, 2009, but prior to December 31, 2010)
- Qualified Ex-Felons
- Qualified Designated Community Resident
- Qualified Vocational Rehabilitation recipients
- Qualified Summer Youths residing
in an Empowerment Zone or Renewal Community
(EZ/EC - Wolf Point Area)
- Qualified Food Stamp Recipients
- Qualified Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Long-term Family Assistance (AFDC/TANF)
- Hurricane Katrina Employee
To apply for certification, an IRS form 8850 (Pre-Screening Notice
and Certification Request) must be completed on or before
the job is offered, then must be postmarked
within 28 days of the employee’s start date.
In addition to the IRS 8850, an ETA form 9061 (Individual Characteristics)
must be completed and submitted on or after the employee’s
start date. Submit the required forms (8850 & 9061) to Christy
Robbins, WOTC Coordinator at the address listed below.
|Department of Labor & Industry
P.O. Box 1728
Helena, MT. 59624-1728
|Contact: Christy Robbins
(406) 444-9046, (800)
Fax # (406)-444-3037
or by e-mail at email@example.com
Download IRS Form 8850 (Pre-Screening
Notice and Certification Request)
Download ETA Form 9061 (Individual
Download ETA Form 9154 (Youth Attestation Form)
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.
If you do not already have the reader, click
here to download.